Monday, December 30, 2013

Having a Little Brother

As most of you know, I am the sister of a three year old brother named Braxton. With the eyes of a three year old come the responsibilities of always being a role model. It never ends. I always have to make sure my words and actions exemplify a characteristic I wish for my brother to have! I'm not at all saying that everything I do is perfectly executed, there are plenty of bumps I've overcome on the road of being a mentor for Braxton, but I am saying that with the chance of teaching him- I gain the opportunity for him to teach me. 
Having a little brother like Braxton is hardly explainable because right when I think I can understand what is going on inside of his tiny but eventful little brain, he seems to switch gears and easily show me that he can never be defined. I love him for that, too. Braxton has taught me to love the life I live, and to live the life I wish to have. He has been my biggest supporter and my best friend. 
So, as I sat across the table from my three year old brother at Chuck-E-Cheese today, it dawned on me. Braxton is growing up, and becoming a little boy. No matter what though, he still continues to make me laugh when he pouts his lips and make me smile when he wraps his small arms around my leg to hug me with the words of "Ash, I love you!" 
To be his sister is my job, but to be his role model is my wish!

Sometimes you have to be the tattletale, and then other times you have to be the partner in crime!

He's a lover of life! 

He adds a little more spunk and energy to my life!

A day spent with Braxton is a day to never forget! 

No comments:

Post a Comment