Sunday, September 8, 2013

Pep Rally Season!

This past Friday I was able to partake in my first Providence pep rally. Since I transferred this past January I wasn't able to get the "football experience" at Providence until now. My school is filled with school spirit, and we do not take the challenge of Juniors vs. Seniors lightly. 
Our pep rallies are very unique if I must say so myself. One thing that sets us apart in the Wiregrass at my school is the fact that Juniors and Seniors have entrances that require themes played off of the original pep rally theme. For example, the theme for the pep rally was Eagles on Fire; therefore, our theme, juniors, was played around Catching Fire from The Hunger Games. We were able to act out the reaping, while our mascot, Reagle the Eagle, and the opposing team's mascot, Wickie the Panther, fought against eachother in a battle. Of course, Reagle the Eagle won the battle, and my school won the football game! 
What made this such a special day for me is the team that we played is my old school. It was a great way to end my week, and I can't wait until next Friday because it is Homecoming, and that means an amazing pep rally theme is underway. Big things are happening in the Class of 2015's future!
Alison and I were finally able to be apart of our very first Providence Pep Rally! No matter what happens in our friendship we always get through it TOGETHER! 

We really do go all out at my school! From head-to-toe we were The Hunger Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment