Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Labor Day!

    When most of us think of Labor Day, we think of a three day weekend, cook-outs, football games, the end of summer, and all around relaxation. What we don't realize, is that Labor Day signifies recognition to the nation's working men and women. The US Labor Department describes the holiday in these words "It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity and well-being of our country." So next time you are being checked out at the cash register, being served at a restaurant, or getting helpful advice from an employee- remember to express your gratitude for their generosity.  
    How was my Labor Day weekend spent, you might ask? I spent three days at the sunny area of Panama City Beach. I was able to enjoy all of the examples I mentioned above. My friend (Emily) and I made the most of the weekend before we head back to school on Tuesday. I am so thankful for such a great friend like Emily, who always keeps me smiling until it hurts and laughing until I cry! 
    All in all, my weekend was very refreshing, and as sad as I am that it's over; I'm glad to be able to get back in the swing of things! I hope everyone enjoys their last day of the Labor Day weekend, and remember to not forget the people who are the reason for it! 
All my love,
Ashlyn Cullifer 
Just because we are sixteen doesn't mean that Emily and I can't splash around in the water like we're kids again!

The weather was so beautiful this weekend!

War Eagle from my best-friend and I!

We like to think of ourselves as models!

Right when I got to the Auburn Game Cook-out, I had a precious little girl come up to me. She was like a little shadow and little sister I never had!

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and laughs at the days to come." Proverbs 31:25

Every brunette/ginger needs a blonde best-friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment