Monday, September 16, 2013

There's no place like HOMEcoming!


This past Friday the juniors danced our way to victory as we reenacted certain parts from the movie The Wizard of Oz. 
Our overall pep rally theme was "The Greatest Homecoming on Earth," therefore the juniors played off of the homecoming theme by using the slogan there's no place like home! This theme was extremely difficult because we acted out the most important parts throughout the storyline of The Wizard of Oz. This meant that we needed the whole grade's cooperation to pull out the "W!" 

The best part of the pep rally, to me, was the "Emory City" dance! For those of you who are familiar with the movie, the original name is Emerald City, but we had our headmaster of the school join us in acting out the part of Oz. The catch to the renaming of the city is this- our headmaster's first name is Emory; therefore, we named our city after him! It was little details like this that helped us win the pep rally. Need I even mention that our special guest was Tessa Darlington from WTVY News? I love my class so much, and I'm so excited for the next pep rally because I know we are gonna dominate again! 

The war between the juniors and seniors has just begun, and I must say things are getting heated! My school is a very competitive school, even when against each other. What I love most though is that at two 'o clock in the afternoon at a pep rally we can be totally against each-other's success, but when those friday night lights come on we are unified. We are whole again, we are one school, together we stand!

Three of the cutest clowns I've ever seen! Love these pretty cheerleaders!
We loved being the "Emory City" let's not even mention our killer dance moves!
We were able to claim the spirit stick this week! Go Juniors!
Victory! Our reaction was priceless when announced as the spirit stick winners!

No comments:

Post a Comment